China-Latina

Friday, August 11, 2006

I Just Found Out That My Roommate is Half ASIAN

So, I was just having drinks in Chinatown: the Apartment with Big Eli and my roommate Drew. During the course of the conversation, I discovered something extremely interesting. Now, since Drew looks Latino and is from Texas, I always made the assumption that he was Tex-Mexican. Well, as it turns out, Drew's mother is a Filipina, which makes him half Filipino, which means that for the last year and nine months I've been living under the same roof as someone who is half ASIAN and had NO idea! I can't believe it. All this time, I was living my life thinking that the only Asian I spent any significant amount of time with was Youthlarge! This revelation left me in hysterics. I literally felt like my brain was starting to leak out of my ear. I don't know if it was the booze or the whippets (just kidding, I haven't done those in years), but I seriously could not stop cracking up. It's funny how finding out someone is Asian can really change the way you look at them. Though, I guess what I find even funnier is how you can look at someone and not even know that they're Asian! Ha! By the way, he's totally one-upping me on this whole Chino-Latino thing. As it turns out, his father is half Spanish and half Mexican, while his mother is all Filipina. So jealous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home