China-Latina

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Already thinking about Pesach...

Well, we took back the House, so that was good. But a certain former Texas Rangers shareholder is sending at least 20,000 more US troops over to Iraq, which I obviously think sucks. As such, I have decided to turn my thoughts to the most magical time of year for Jews and Christians (well, for me at least) alike - PASSOVER! Mark your calendars everyone! The fist night of Passover is Monday, April 2nd - I can't wait. I already have kugel brains... Let's start thinking about the Four Questions:

1) Why is it that on all other nights during the year we eat either bread or matzoh, but on this night we eat only matzoh?
2) Why is it that on all other nights we eat all kinds of herbs, but on this night we eat only bitter herbs?
3) Why is it that on all other nights we do not dip our herbs even once, but on this night we dip them twice?
4) Why is it that on all other nights we eat either sitting or reclining, but on this night we eat in a reclining position?

We'll discuss the answers on April 2nd. If you're little, I'm going to hide the afikoman from you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home